Building my parents a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No big deal, just build the system and install xp64 on it. Make sure the printer they're gonna use will work with it and you'll probably be okay assuming they're not l33t computer users and are just going to surf the net/type/play solitaire like most ppls parents.

yea i have that western digital HDD on this comp and i have the first version of windows XP pro, which ever came out... pirated tho... but yea windows set my HDD automatically to NTFS so yea...

Thanks for replies guys. I have the puter all together now. I got a 64bit update from ECS for MB and HP for printer. Now if only I could get them for everything else they need. Like Spiderman the movie game (my moms favorite game). Are new games comp with 64 bit XP?

This is a hassle. Some things install like Ada-ware 6 and Spybot S&D others like Winamp don't. I also can't get their speakers to work (onboard SC). Any ideas? Microsoft told me x64 has been out since 4/05 so why isn't there more support for it by now?

did u install the sound drivers that came with the motherboard? because even though mine was integrated they still didnt work till those drivers installed.

did the website have 64 bit drivers on it? if not then most things wont work.

checked in the BIOS to make sure sound is enabled?

could always buy a cheap sound card that has known xp64 drivers.

Yes 64bit drivers. Yes checked BIOS. Would rather not buy what I should already have.

I think I'm going to remove this OS. I didn't reg it yet so I should still be able to send it back or sell it right? Since I've been online with it does MS know it's installed. Also since it's 64 bit what will happen when I do full install with 32bit XP pro? It should work right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom