Windows XP is SATA blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, ok i guess the issue is i need that floppy. i have the mobo CD which is useless on bootup since it demands a floppy. just have to figure that out now.

trying the slipstream tonight, this looks pretty sweet. thanks flashdude!

put the mobo cd on another computer. look through it's files for a floppy disk maker.

Yep..usually if you insert the CD and get to its "splash screen" it will have an option that says "SATA/RAID drivers" or something along those lines..you click that and it brings up a little wizard that will ask you what you want (SATA, RAID etc etc) once you select it will say to insert a floppy and load these drivers onto a floppy for you.

Also as eric mentioned this would have be done from another working PC with an OS on it and a CD-ROM drive/Floppy drive. There is nothing you can do with that mobo CD on your current machine with no OS :)

aha, i havent been able to find any ability to do this from my cd-rom, but i just found the sata drivers from abits site.

trouble is, now that i have them open, i can't actually run the setup file because it detects that that hardware isn't attached. seems it is only a utility for after windows is installed...how ironic

My mobo is an abit UL8. it should be the same sata driver though if that floppy is from the abit board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom