Raid 0 Windows xp flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedka

Solid State Member
I have a AW9D Max motherboard and two 160 gb sata drives. I want to raid 0 them together. I do not have a floppy drive. Does windows XP allow me to raid them together by getting the raid information from a flash drive?

The software that comes with the motherboard is on a floppy disk. I've transfered the data onto a flash drive. Usually, when installing windows xp, I hit F6 to install additional drivers. But it usually ask for "A:" which is the floppy drive. Does Windows allow me to use my flash drive to load the drivers instead of the floppy? That's what I ment :)
I'm debating if I need to go out and buy a floppy drive just for this.

sedka said:
The software that comes with the motherboard is on a floppy disk. I've transfered the data onto a flash drive. Usually, when installing windows xp, I hit F6 to install additional drivers. But it usually ask for "A:" which is the floppy drive. Does Windows allow me to use my flash drive to load the drivers instead of the floppy? That's what I ment :)

you have to do that or buy a raid controller

sedka said:

nope..rather than buying a floppy though I would just slip stream those ******* RAID controller drivers right into your XP install CD :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom