Can someone please help me???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj BiGGRicH_BWS

Beta member
aiight my anit visrus thing popped up and my pc and said....

"Attention! On Wednesday, october 18, 2006 at 4:08pm your computer was attacked. Attack type: DDoS (Denied Service), Access to your computer is temporary blocked."

it won't let me on the internet....wtf is this?....can someone please help me? :mad:

a DDoS virus is pretty much one that uses your pc to target a website/server. the idea is they spread and get a lot of computers to ping requests to a server to the extent where it can't keep up and either crashes and comes offline or lags horribly. so your anti-virus has blocked access to the internet to save the poor server

Or you might want to re-install the entire OS if you don't have a good anti-virus.
Also, get a firewall. It will prevent outsiders from taking control of your machine.

Zonelabs ZoneAlarm is pretty good for that. You can download the basic one for free.
Not only does it keep unwanted intrusions out, it can keep the little monkeys in too.
You do have to persevere with it though. Check the logs if you are getting any connection problems as you may need to add addresses to the trusted zone.
There is a reasonable tutorial with it.

Ratafia

check my sig for warez monsters spyware and virus guide.

my sig also has some good software for spyware and anti viruses(only install one of these :) ) and plenty of firewalls too, i recommend comodo for your computer illiterate, zonealarm for the average person and filseclab for more in depth logs and settings.

thanks everybody for the help, 1 of my friends told me this happened to him before and he went into safe mode and deleted it, I tried it and I didn't know what to deleted, cuz I don't know the name of it, should I look for DDoS or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom