Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brain

Baseband Member
Hi Everyone,
In our company, we deploy a domain GPO. In the past, we used to use Local Policies to restrict access to certain things. We do not have the domain GPO forcing itself upon the local PCs, so there are still some local GPOs out there. Thats the background, here is the issue. Some of the policies on Win2k boxes have enabled policies locally, that we do not want, but we dont want to enforce the GPO on the domain to override everything in the domain until our infrastructure is complete. So basically, I want an easy way for the Win2k box to revert back to Out of the Box settings, and then it will receive the updated policy from the domain. Instead of going through a MMC and doing them all, is there a command line I can use, and possible create a batch file?

Thanks alot

i want to say run gpupdate /force on all your clients via logon script. but i forget which gpo takes precedence, local or domain. bah, give it a go.

The thing is that we dont actually push anything through domain GPO regarding ISA settings, which is what the local GPO is setting, because before we installed our new ISA server, we used to have to configure the local machine through Local GPO. So because the domain GPO doesnt specify anything, then the local GPO doesnt change. But I just want to set it back to what it originally was, out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom