choosing a motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
i am very new to the computer hardware. i have been doing a lot of research on it and it has helped me a lot to understand many different. the one thing i dont understand is how to choose a motherboard. how can i compare motherboard? which one is good for gaming and which one is not. how do i find this out. i want to learn about motheboards because they are the base of the computer, and i know about motherboards, then i can slowly move into different types of video cards and memory they can take. i am really intrested in computers, but know very little about them.. please if someone could help me, that would be awesome
thanks

well if you want a gaming motherboard.. that pretty much means something that can overclock well, and most likely contains more than 1 pci-express slot for SLi Or Crossfire.

The big Overclocking brands for the moment would be Gigabyte, Asus, and DFI, i don't know much about MSI, but i do know the board i got oc's very nicely...

and another thing.... there's different socket type motherboards, such as

socket AM2 (940 pins) - this is used for amd's new line of processors that use DDR2

socket 939 - Amd's older socket for their older cpu's that use DDR Ram

LGA 775 - Weird Pinless cpu's are used for these, this is an intel platform for their Pentium 4's, Pentium D's, Celeron D's, And Core 2 Duo's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom