Upgrading my pc, how do these parts look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
Ok my pc is in some need of upgrading, but there are some main parts that i want to keep. I have an athlon 64 3000, gigabyte uli mobo w/agp s939. 2x512mb ddr ram, seagate 160 GB PATA, asus 6600 agp, and a raidmax 380watt psu. Basically i want to upgrade my mobo to a new one that has pci-E, and i want a new videocard that is pci-E isntead of agp. My birthday ios saturday so imma probly get like around $150 from my parents and family and i want to spend like $150 -$200 max, from my own money, so that makes $350 total max, but preferably $300. Here's what i was thinking.

Since i do want to keep my cpu for now i want to get a socket 939 motherboard, and sine my mobo now is kinda low end I wanted to get high end, so this DFI Lanparty attracted me: DFI Lanparty s939

That is $100 right there with tax and shipping.

For videocard i liked this eVGA 7600gt, sincemy local computer store has it on sale for $135 and i won't have to pay shipping: eVGA 7600gt

So that is around $150 with tax, and that brings the total to $250.

With this new stuff imma need a PSU, and this one seems decent, and it is also on sale at my computer store lol. Here's the newegg link to it: Cooler Master Extreme 430watt

Its only $27 at my store, so that is liek $30 with tax, and that brings the total to $280

So that's all i got so far, there's still like $70 left, so is there anything you guys think i should add or change, I would really aprreciate your comments and reccomendations. Thanx.

Since i already have pretty good s939 cpu, and ddr 400 ram, I dont want to go AM2 just for the ddr2. So i was thinking of getting the lanparty, and the 7600gt, and then maybe later when vista comes out I can get a dual core opteron when they are cheaper or an x2. What do you guys think?

The reviews for that psu didn't look so good, spend a little more on a psu, get an antec or something. Like the post above says, spend a little more on a video card, maybe a 7900 or something.

Yea that can play all the recent games on good settings, and should hold you until DX10 cards come out.

alrite well i was leaning toward the 7600gt, so i still gotta think about that 7900gs, but how about the mobo? Do you guys think it is a good one and i should stick with it? I mean it is a Lanparty.

I've been hearinf stuff that vista will probaly come out around january and that you are goign to need like a DX10 card to use it and like a lot of ram, and a dual core cpu. so this gets me thinking, everyone is saying to get a conroe. So if i want to get vista should i just wait for DX10 cards or should i just stick with this upgrade? now i dont know because i dont want to buy new stuff and then like a couple months later have it outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom