Acer laptop recovery disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi.Im.New

In Runtime
hey guys,

so i've ran into a problem. I reinstalled a new hd into my travelmate 4500 laptop. I tried booting up the 1st disk and yet it just doesnt do anything. Im stuck at this point of what to do. If its not possible , can you give me some roads to look down.

thnx,
j

What exactly does it do? Do you get an error message, a black screen, or what?
Check quick to make sure that the boot order has the cdrom before the hd in your bios.

sry lemme clear this up.

im a novice with hardware i know most basics and how to do things alternative ways. The two recovery disks are bundled with xp pro. I set my bios up so that the 1 thing to boot is the cd/rom and even made it so nothing else boots except the cd rom , but still no luck. On both disks are .hdd images. Nothing will happen when i put them in and try to boot it up it'll just go by it and load the hd. I installed another version of windows on the laptop just to see what was on the discs. Also this isnt the same factory hd that was installed when i bought it, its a new hd i installed. At this point im stuck , i still have the old hd , but its corrupted.

thnx,
jay

Are these recovery disc's that you made when you first bought the Laptop? They are probably no good. Find another copy of xp pro and use your key ( you will need to call Microsoft to activate it because of the hdd change, that's no problem just tell them what you did)

no they came with the laptop.

i didn't create them, they have windows xp on them and the key is on the bottom of my laptop.

thnx,
j

yea they're recovery cds that came with the laptop , i didnt create them how can they be no good? I've been trying to find drivers and **** cause i did install an xp pro version on the laptop. I cant find **** for my model though travelmate 4503 lmi :\

thnx,
j

Is the an option at start up that says something like "Press F8 to Recover" Sometimes manufacturers will do things that way.

Also Acer does things in Series, like many manufacturers. IIRC, the first two digits are the series number the last two are the model number. So you should be able to look for drivers for the Travelmate 4500 (but I can't be for certain since I don not have that laptop)

Here is the link for driver download:
http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/fo...m/us&siteid=7293&areaid=7&formid=3394#results
Put Travelmate 4500 in the search and you will get it.

Are these the specs http://www.acer.co.th/product/travelmate/4500/index_p.htm?

Also read this:[url]https://www.synapsenow.com/synapse/data/7117/documents/Acer eRecovery Management.pdf

Do you remember doing anything like that before.

My acer aspire did not come with thoes CDs, but it alloud me to make them. they have alloud me to reinstall windows a few times. the thing is, i think they need the acer bios to run them. now i'm not an expert when it comes to these things, and i don't remember if the bios is in the motherboard, or harddrive. but if changing the harddrive changed your bios, than the cd's most likely won't work. so you need to make sure that the bios is working correctly, then it should work. i would also when it's starting up, if you can, go to the bios editor (on myine by hitting F2 when it reads acer) and go to startup and make sure your cd drive is number one, and your harddrive is the last one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom