PhysX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakeri

Baseband Member
Not sure how many games really use this yet, but I'm assuming Ut2k7 and Crysis will take advantage of it.. should I get one and would it really make much of a noticeable difference?

If it takes advantage of it, I would assume it'll make a large difference. Even more so over time as the hardware is optimized more.

for current gen games it is. i would wait until this time next year to buy one. when vista is out and games that take advantage of the hardware become available

It would be interesting to see how UE3 games like UT2k7 will run under it. Until then I would pocket that money for safe keeping cause it's not worth it right now.

not very useful now and maybe will never really be useful.

Think about it...it's a physics card. Using a simple example, it makes a falling box, fall more realistic. I admit, I have fun looking down at a pale and kicking it about...but that's about it.

And yes, on an order of magnitude...say a brick wall where the bricks demolish realistic...that's about it. :D

It's gimmick and novelty in my mind, but if you'll buy one of those "extreme" nic cards to get the gosh darned best network performance from games...you might just buy these :p

all in all, techinically they work...calculations offset due to mundane purpose can increase overall performance.

If you're rich get one. If not, buy a next gen console to supplement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom