New graphic card help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"bonehelm" - a Stock 7600GT will score at most is somewere around ~6000(give or take a few hundred)..... your friend is Overclocking both his CPU and GFX Card to reach 7000 and above.

(EDIT: come to think of it.. with a Pentium 4, he probably cant Reach Over ~7000.... he probably also lowered his default 3Dmark Graphic settings, or Image Quality settings in the Nvidia controle pannel.)

[anyway for the task at hand, ignore your friends 3Dmark score]

So what would you suggest I do, inorder to get the the full good settings that I am suppose to get. Is there a test I can do, to see what improvements are needed to be made?

krazyq - go back to the prevouse page, and read my post, I believe you missed it.

at the bottom right befor "bonehelm" posted his stupid comment.

sorry for not reading ure posts properly, i did what u instructed, but whenever i restart my pc a notification comes of installeing my ethernet network thing...how can i get rid of that?

what do u mean by running the windows driver?...and i ran the test again, and i get aro und the same amount. 5435. For the processor and gfx card i havve, what am i suppose to be getting, and is their like a certain test i can take to see what needs to be changed or removed?

krazyq - i already said b4, your 3Dmark05 score should be about ~6000.

however 5400, is must closer then 4400... may indicate your GFX may be operating Correctly now? have you run any Games yet since you got the 5400 score.... Have your problems in Games went away?
---------------------

There is no test to see whats right or wrong with a system configuration, its not that simple.

also, all the info you need to get it operating correctly has already been stated in your theard, just go back and read it over again.
(once you read it over again, you may find a more specific question you may wont to ask).

short of 1 thing... check to see if you have any IRQ conflicts... see here:
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

i checked that link u sent me to, is it trying to say that all those devices are suppose to have its own channel? beacuse i have about six device that are using channel 5. Is that a problem?
These are some of the drivers ill mention, and let me know if any of these sh ould be u ninstalled:

Microsoft UAA Bus driver for high definition audio
nvidia network bus enumerator
nvidia nforce pci system management

any that should be there?

the graphics made a little improvement.
Still pauses a bit.

Raid is when 2 Harddrives are Formatted to 1 Partition to work in Dual Mode. You, just like most others, are not using RAID.

Since you get that Ethernet popup everytime, you should install the nforce Ethernet driver..... Just execute the Nforce Chipset Installer again, except Uncheck all the boxes, except for the "Ethernet" driver. then install.
-------------------------------
krazyq said:
i have about six device that are using channel 5. Is that a problem?
It may or maynot be a problem... Depends on what the devices are that share the same IRQ. (also note - right click on any device and go to /properties/resource Tab... and you can see at the bottom there if it indicates any Conflicts).

you want all the important stuff, just for ex - (cmos rt clock)(SMBus)(IDE Controllers)(GFX/Audio) etc, to have there own IRQ.

note - If you need to change a IRQ, on sertain devices you cant except threw your BIOS.

this is my A64 irq list:
k8neirqyy9.png

Heres my INTEL system IRQ list.. note how all the USB Hubs share a lota IRQs.. i dont have any system Issues.. im only using 1 USB device though, and i have like 10usb ports or something.

i dont game on the INTEl system at all though, however if i did, and i used the USB port witch shares the same IRQ as the FX5500, then i may possibly encounter issues:
i875irqvt7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom