Help me chose a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meithan

Daemon Poster
Unnecessary rant:
Alright, here's the story. Two weeks ago I ordered a Raidmax Sagitta case, with included 450W PSU. I thought "well, I'll give the PSU a try and upgrade if needed". However the case ran out of stock, and I've been waiting ever since for them get restocked. This morning the delivery date changed again to Oct 24th. I give them a call, and they tell me "we don't know when we'll have your product in stock, it could be tomorrow, it could be in a week". What kind of answer is that?

Anyway, long story short, I'm considering to cancel the order and get the case somewhere else, possibly without the PSU. This will give me an opportunity to reconsider the PSU issue. These are my three options:

1) Keep the included Raidmax 450W PSU. Cost: US$0 :)

2) Get a Thermaltake TR2 430W PSU. Cost: US$55

3) Get a Cooler Master eXtreme Power 600W PSU. Cost: US$75

Edit: I forgot to specify the intended system, doh! Here:
System: Core 2 Duo E6300, overclocked XFX 7600GT, 1GB Corsair DDR2-800 CL5 and one SATA HDD.

Which would you recommend, and why?
Please, bear in mind that I live in Mexico and these options and costs are pretty much all I can chose from.

atomic tofu: stick it out for the supply? What do you mean?

persianxballer said:
Get this for $50:
XCILIO

Exactly the kind of reply I was trying to avoid, thank you very much:

Meithan said:
Please, bear in mind that I live in Mexico and these options and costs are pretty much all I can chose from.

From those options, I would go with the Cooler Master 600w to be ready for future upgrades. But if future upgrades isn't in your mindset, then the Raidmax 450W would be just fine.

Thanks, persianxballer. I'm not upgrading in the near future. If I ever upgrade, I'll get a better PSU then.

So one opinion in favor of keeping stock PSU. Anyone else?

Since you only have three choices get the Coolmaster.

However, once you get it I expect Load Data. As in You using a DMM to test its Amperage and rails while running a benchmark program or Prime 95. Not only will this tell you if its stable but if it turns out to be good then we will have to add that Model to the reccomendation List.

Are you saying the other two options are no good? I'd rather save the $75 if the other PSUs would be able to handle my system alright.

Well, I know Raidmax Blows, and I didn't suggest the 430 Watt TT because, 1. I hate TT because of their quality (Or Lack there of) and 2. its low wattage for a nice system like yours (And because of its 18 TOTAL amps on the 12V rail). If it was of higher wattage and still cheaper then the Coolmaster then I would have suggested it. You can still buy it, but I still expect you to do the same thing with it I that I requested with the cool master. Prehaps you could disprove TT's quality reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom