how can I modify my boot ini file to find my OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldnt have done that. It doesnt modify the XP files unless you tell it to. It is only for the IVsta boot loader. That seems very odd. o.0

it modified mine. I couldn't find the solution in the blog. can you quote it?

This is from the man himself.

Simply:
Boot into Vista with the Vista DVD.
From Vista dl and run EasyBCD 1.5 (latest build, not betas).
In EasyBCD:
Go to bootloadr tab
Reinstall Vista bootloader.
Add an XP entry, a Vista entry, a Mac OS X entry, and a Linux entry from the Add/Remove programs screen.

I hope that will help you out a bit. You will need version 1.5 of EasyBCD.

Makaveli213 said:
This is from the man himself.

Simply:
Boot into Vista with the Vista DVD.
From Vista dl and run EasyBCD 1.5 (latest build, not betas).
In EasyBCD:
Go to bootloadr tab
Reinstall Vista bootloader.
Add an XP entry, a Vista entry, a Mac OS X entry, and a Linux entry from the Add/Remove programs screen.

I hope that will help you out a bit. You will need version 1.5 of EasyBCD.

I did that. that is what started my problem. it only gave me one xp and disabled the other 2. they have no way of reversing it either.

I use bootcfg /rebuild from recovery console. it had it so that I could sometime boot in mce and 64 bit. but then I ran a repair so I could boot in everytime, but now that is giving me bsod's

I passed on the info. If you want to talk to him stop by NeoSmart.net. He goes by CG.

Makaveli213 said:
I passed on the info. If you want to talk to him stop by NeoSmart.net. He goes by CG.

ok.

I got so frustated yesterday that I deleted everything (all OS's). luckily I had an 2 month acronis backup for my 40 ide drive stored somewhere. I'm in the process of deleting that 200 gig drive then i'm going to copy my 200 ide gig documents drive over to it, then I'm going to delete that 200 gig ide drive so I can use that as my 10 different OS's drive. that's my goal

I should done that in the first place. I would have neve had these problems.

EricB said:
ok.

I got so frustated yesterday that I deleted everything (all OS's). luckily I had an 2 month acronis backup for my 40 ide drive stored somewhere. I'm in the process of deleting that 200 gig drive then i'm going to copy my 200 ide gig documents drive over to it, then I'm going to delete that 200 gig ide drive so I can use that as my 10 different OS's drive. that's my goal

I should done that in the first place. I would have neve had these problems.

10 OS's? Cool. Highest I did was 5, and they were al Windows (Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP).
One hard disk can only have 4 primary partitions. I don't know if you can install multiple OS's on the same partition.

TheMajor said:
10 OS's? Cool. Highest I did was 5, and they were al Windows (Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2k, WinXP).
One hard disk can only have 4 primary partitions. I don't know if you can install multiple OS's on the same partition.

thanks for letting me know that. I'll dual boot the rest. the most that I ever had was 4

I want mce, xp sp1, xp 64 bit, xandros, mac os x, an xp sp1 (because it's lighter) for video editng, an xp sp1 for sound editing. then I'll leave the rest open for options.

I once did this for a costumer. I was amazed at the speed each partition had.

I did this so that recovery console is now a startup option. I'd learned this from my join media center to a domain hack

Insert Windows XP CD.
Start > Run > X:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

what are some other commands besides bootcfg /rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom