Internet Problem, Just happened over night

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
When i go to the Dell Wireless WLAN untility, it says that there are no adapters.
and this error keeps coming up when i hit ok:

an exception occurred while trying to run shell32.dll,,Control_RunDLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\BCMWLCPL.CPL

i dont know what it means. i didnt touch anything or so anything, it just happened

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling or just use the Windows Wireless management. Reinstalling the card and driver also?

i cannot access it. the window that is supposed to have my connections are gone. there is no way for me to get to anything that is related to internet connection or configuration

To uninstall it you don't have to go and view your Network Connections. Right click on My Computer, click Properties. Go to the Hardware tab and click Device Manager. It'll be under Network Adapters.

Either go to dell.com and download the drivers and software, or use the Drivers & Utilities CD that came with the computer to reinstall the devices.

If that doesn't work then the card went bad and you'll need to replace it. Call Dell, tell them it stopped working and what you've tried and that nothing has worked. If it's still under warranty then you can get it replaced. If not purchase a PCMCIA wireless card for $50 from newegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom