need very knowledgable people to help me build a gaming comp!!! plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOLs...$3000 can buy a high performance computer....i brought a PC wih just onil singapore$1600 with LCD
My computer
Intel pentium 4 with HT function 3.4 GHz1mb cache LGA775 800mhz FSb
Gigabyte mainboard with intel 945 chipset and support LGA775 processor
SATA HDD 120GB 7500rmp
2x 1BG bbr2 ram(kingston)
Miro ATX
GForce 6600GT 256mb APG 8x graphic card
1x 24x DVD writer
1x 52X cd writer
Adn also Petra's Tech CoolKit GPU Extreme WaterCooling Kit from [spartan]
Saitek Eclipse gaming keyboard
Logitech MX518 gaming mouse from [j369852147412]
And aslo a LCD screen with sRGB and 8 ms respond time
i would recommand to buy a PHILIPS LCD because i think the lifeshell of it is much more longer...i thinkcuz i also brought it and it perform good at all times....
but i'm not sure this kind of performace at ur country will cost how much?I think there is not nid to buy a core2 processor because as i know, onil processor wit HT function will not lag in high performance game...But it all think of..buy or not to buy it all up to u...

the more i think about it dx10 card will reall not be utilized for a while so why not get a high end card now for around $350 and then in maybe a year or so when dx10 is actually utilized and then get a g80, it will more than likely be cheaper then too

Ya...ur rite fade2black2004...Buy it later can save much more money cuz it areadly outdate but the perfromance still perfect to use....

turns out i might not get the comp till christmas anyways so i might as well get a g80 then along with vista. everything will be cheaper by then so it will be better anyways.

Ok...here's the big thing, about any build people suggest on here will be very similiar but you need to put 2 things into consideration...
1.) are you a big pc gamer type person and if so
2.) do you want to get the best parts now or are you willing to wait and just get something good that'll hold you over for a few months until the new Directx 10 cards come out which will be better

here's what i'd suggest:

go w/ spartans build expect:

1.) pick out the case yourself. i mean cases matter cuz of quality but mostly cuz of looks and you might not like what somebody else picks out...also $175 is a LOT to pay for a case. about any $50 case is fine.

2.) get an E6600 instead of x6800...very similar processor except the x6800 is just under 20% faster for 3+ times more money and in most people's opinion not worth it...your money though. I'd say save $600 here and get the new Dx10 cards when they come out with that money.

3.) you also might want to look into a 2nd Hard drive (you could get another 250GB one for only $80 more)

4.) a 20.1" LCD screen is more than most people need but you could also look into getting a bigger one. if you do then make sure it's 8ms or lower. (Dells are nice but overpriced by the way)

ok i have taken in peoples suggestions (thx alot btw) and i have put together this comp. on newegg. tell me how it sounds:

cpu: x6800

gpu: g80 (when it comes out since i wont get the comp til then anyways)

ram: super talent 2x1gb 4-4-3-8 (everyone said diff. ram so i looked for myself and found this. good reviews, better timings, only like $10 more. tell me if this is a bad choice in ur opinion and why)

mobo: p5n32-sli premium

case: thermaltake armor

HD: 74gb raptor (dont need a big hd plus this one is faster)

keyboard: Sailtek black illuminated keyboard

monitor: samsung 225bw 22" 5ms widescreen (any comments on this one? jordo suggested a bigger lcd so i picked this one)

mouse: logitech g15

dvd: NEC ND-3550A 16X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive

tell me what you think =)

yeah all of that looks good. never heard of the memory though. if you plan on overclocking you might wanna make sure that ram will overclock really well. it looks like it should do fine. If you decide not to go with that ram Gskill and Muskin are supposed to be really good for overclocking.

but i didn't see the power supply. have you picked one out yet?

o ya forgot to put psu in there. im not really sure whether to go with the thermaltake toughpower 700w or the ocz gamextreme 700w. what do you think on that? for the memory these people said that it overclocked great: Super Talent 2 x 1gb

yeah that ram looks sweet man.

as for the PSU both are pretty good Hyper makes the best of the best but you'll have to spend a lot for one. Other than that i don't know much about anything other than Antec PSU's and for all that you'll be spending and Antec wouldn't live up to what you could be getting. (highest antec is 650W)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom