Memory? (ram)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI-M

Baseband Member
Say i want to buy Some new ram for my computer, First of all, What slots DO I put them IN, and Like I was looking at Corsair memory, they have gaming memory sticks, So Is it ok to like put those along with my normal ddr2 memory I have in my dell right now, Is it Ok to mix and match the memory sticks,

And is corsair any good as far as Memory goes, It seems like tehy should be they have a lifetime warrenty and all, Or is there another brand you would suggest, but corsair seemed like it'd be good?

I'd like to add maybe 1 more 512 stick, Do they come in single sticks, or is it best to get dual ram

another stick wont do you much good, since it is rare that you will ever use the full gig anytime soon, unless you are playing more than one game at once, which would be quite a talent. Adding another stick shouldnt affect the dual-channel mode so i dont see any problems there, and yes, Corsair is a great brand.

It is my opinion that Corsair is the best memory.
If you want to replace your existing RAM, go with Corsair. The lower the latency the better the RAM is. (and more expensive!)

If you want to add RAM to your system, Placebo and Comp guy are right, you have plenty. You wouldn't get any real bennefit by adding more RAM.

What are you trying to achieve by adding RAM? Do you want your computer to load programs faster? better gaming experiance?

IMHO, you are wasting your hard-earned money by installing more RAM. But if you are bent on doing this, then go for it - it's your money. Corsair is top notch - Crucial also makes excellent quality memory.

First walk around in socks on the carpet floor. Then open your PC case and poke around with a sharp screwdriver. You will know where to install the new RAM modules if you see where the current RAM modules are installed.

you won't use more than 1GB anytime soon, you will in future, but not soon. maybe a few years yet.
Corsair IS the best, they have about the lowest latencies, and come with their own heat spreaders.
also, you will have very few issues if using Corsair.
if anything, you'd replace your current RAM to get better performance, or wait a few yers before you get any more RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom