Wtf??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
One giant step for home entertainment?

Is this the way we will all be 'enjoying' our television programmes and computer games in the future?

In this astonishing photo, a model is wearing a new gadget, from electronics manufacturer Toshiba, that enables the wearer to experience a full 360-degree view on a 40 centimetre dome-shaped screen.

But, looking more like the helmet from Neil Armstrong's space suit than the next must-have gizmo, this three kilo full-faced helmet might make it a little tricky to relax with a drink in front of the football...

virtualPA_468x335.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=410642&in_page_id=1770

lol - wow!
one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind...
moon_landing_3.jpg

Next they'll have the full body suit covered with sensors and you'll actually have to get physical to play these games....

LOL...I actually wore a unit something like that about 10 years ago. It was some sort of vitual reality demo at the local mall. Cost 5 bucks for 5 minutes. It actually was pretty good (gave a good sensation of moving around) but the graphics were very rudimentry by today,s standards. Think of the original Doom.

yosa said:
I prefer the chip in your brain aproach, send signals directly to your synapses, we'll get there one day.

oh god I hope not. Could you imagine that evil son of a beach that decides to send your synapses horrific images? You curl up in a ball and become a vegetable the rest of your scared life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom