Upgrading my PC, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

double O seven

Beta member
Ok, heres the thing. I'm going to be (TRYING) to make a game with my tech partner and I have been meaning to upgrade my PC for better performance. Since my new graphic card is a radeon X850 Pro, *COUGH* agp, I need to upgrade to a motherboard that has

> AGP slot
and something better than the motherboard I have now, which is this:
http://www.digiconcepts.com/ecs_motherboards_36.htm

I am really not the hardware expert in any way, so if someone could give me some advice on what to buy for optimum performance that supports an AGP, I would really appreciate it.

ALSO, I have a 200 GB Maxtor external hard drive and I was told that it can potentially be used to install WinXP to. Is this true, because if its not, then I would love to know what to do about storage space. Or if I have to replace my PC hard drive with a more spacious one.

Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.

yes....this is a good reccomand but i thnik is better to buy a Gforce 6600GT graphic card with 256 MB AGP 8x DDR3

gmanych said:
I think what you are asking for is to recommend a new graphics card... ehhh but for AGP (Which is Outdated by Pci-E) you will not get a really High end card... I will try my best but...

Try this 1... Its the best AGP card I can find

BFG Tech BFGR78256GSOC Geforce 7800GS 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143046

No, I don't need a different graphic card. I'm happy with the one I have now. I am looking for a motherboard and processor that have good clocking speeds and perform really well, and also support AGP. Because that motherboard I have is out dated and so is the processor as far as I know.

b1gapl said:
What is your budget?

My money is kinda funny.
My change is kinda strange.
And my credit won't get it.

LOL, naw. I can afford atleast a $150 to $200 motherboard. Also, I will need a processor too.

So whatever you cab recommend would be cool. But I'm worried I'll have to replace a bunch of other internal components too. But tell me, can my 200 GB external hard drive be used to install WinXP on?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom