Upgrading, DX10? Core 2? Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
On those Crysis demonstration videos. What are the specs on the computer are they using. Because it seems, Crysis is running pretty good on the system they're using.

It's easy to get a game to run properly for a short period of time, the oblivion trailer was run with dual 6800gts, but in actuall gameplay, they are not nearly as powerful as the trailer would lead you to believe. Not sure on the technical stuff, so I don't want to post reasons about why only to find out I'm wrong, but I know that a DX10 card will run Crysis Best and that's where I want my setup to be, at the top.

the videos are of game play thought. Actual multiplayer games with people driving things and killing each other. They aren't just cut-scenes.

BennyV04988 said:
the videos are of game play thought. Actual multiplayer games with people driving things and killing each other. They aren't just cut-scenes.
I've seen them, I know what they are. There are really sweet gameplay videos of tons of games running on minimum setups.

1) The game will be much more intense than the restricted, puny, areas Crytek allows IGN and Gamespot to play in.

2) Ther are most likely sli-setups, they work for devs, but for someone like me who doesn't want to spend that much money...

3) Two Crossfire x1900XTX can't run oblivion above 30fps on maximum settings, I doubt Crysis would be LESS intensive than oblivion. Although, two x1900xtxs would satisfy me, they are more expensive than one G80, they are REALLY loud, Very hot, and they do not support DX10 for future games.

4) Even if an x1900xt, or xtx, or even crossfire could run Crysis as well as I want. There are other games in the future that they won't run, and DX10 is supposedly going to make games app. 30% more efficient:D

ive seen the footage of people at E3 playing them. Im basically saying..."where did they get a DX10 card?"

BennyV04988 said:
ive seen the footage of people at E3 playing them. Im basically saying..."where did they get a DX10 card?"
DX10 is optional for Crysis, right?

BennyV04988 said:
ya but the gameplay footage, shows, even stresses the DX10 features.
I seriously doubt they have a DX10 card, but if anyone has one, it would be Crytek. (Other than ATI and Nvidea of course:p)

ubercow said:

3) Two Crossfire x1900XTX can't run oblivion above 30fps on maximum settings, I doubt Crysis would be LESS intensive than oblivion.

What do you mean by maximum ?,

Do you mean that two x1900XTX can't run oblivion above 30fps on 2560x1500 on max detail?

Most people don't play at a resolution above 1280x1024, so I think that one 1900xt, or one 7900GTO will be able to play Crysis at 1280x1024 on high setting.

I wish I could just try playing on a 16x12 LCD. My 19" is kind of grainy at times. But ya, just look at Steams survey. It shows the the amount and pertages of every pc stat possible for millions of users. Not much usage over 12x10. And not too many have sli either!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom