left computer in the cold for about an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so its not my power supply and its not my power button i tested them on different computers, and yes i left in my computer for about 8 hours straight, but the car was parked for over half the time i doubt it got bumped around i wouldve heard it, but thanks for the help, stupid emachines...

Dude, temperature doesn't matter. Unless its above 100c or below -100c, it doesnt matter.

Your computer is broken because something came loose, open it up, take it completely apart and put it back together. 9 times out of 10 that would fix the problem.

I would guess the humidity got to it. Possibly the connections got a tiny bit of moisture and corroded. Unless you really like the thing, take out the hard drive and get a new computer. Salvage what parts might have value or use and start over. New PC's aren't that expensive to build or buy pre made. EBAY my man. EEEEEEEEEEEBAY.

Odds are it is just a cable.

I know my wires to my power switch came off during transit. It drove me nuts because it wasn't something that you'd look for. Once I figured it out, I had a hrad time because I was putting it on the wrong prongs. I could start my comp with the switch on the mobo, but that just wasn't going to work.

Don't knock eMachines. I'll take one over a Dell anyday. At least they use of the shelf parts.

Trotter said:

Don't knock eMachines. I'll take one over a Dell anyday. At least they use of the shelf parts.

Right-on! My eMachines never gave me any problems. Nor did my friend's. And we put them through h*ll and back.

lol, im diggin this compaq! never gave me a prob(cept when the psu died) so have you tried a different psu? processor on all the way? p4 connector? aux connectors? anything shorting out inside the case? any bulging capacitor caps? does it stink weird? take anything into note if it seems out of the ordinary, like a brown spot on the mobo, or a smelly psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom