some graphics help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghj-208

Beta member
I bought an ati radeon 7000 64mb ddr pci graphics card a little more than a year ago. Since then, I have been trying to install it on my hp brio (2 20gb ide hard drives, 256mb of ram, intel celeron 733mhz processor,s3 prosavage integrated graphics, windows xp professional). Please don't tell me my computer isn't that great, because I have big plans for it. I cant remove my old graphics card, because it is integrated. Every time I hook my graphics card up and boot up, all I get is a blank screen on both the new card and on the old. Because I can't see anything, I can't install the drivers for the new card.
please help!!

Before you put the PCI card in, check the BIOS settings for display order. Should say something like "Agp, PCI", should able to switch the order around...

If that doesn't work, look for settings to disable onboard AGP...

And have you let the computer load, and THEN tried both display ports? In some cases, the post-boot and XP loading screen will show up on one display card, and Windows GUI will show up on the other after post and the Windows loading screen...

BTW, I agree with the "slow computer" comment. I used to try to keep up with current technology, but it's impossible without spending heaps of money... As long as you aren't gaming, last generation technology does fine (for me anyway!), it's hella' cheaper, and you can mess around with stuff without the worry of breaking expensive equipment!

i think is better to buy a APG graphic card than a PCI express Card.Because pci express card used system memory frist than conver to card momory so it will slow down ur system performance due to the converting of memory.But AGP is use of it own grapc card memory tats why pic card is 16x and AGP is 4x or 8x.

thank you so much for the help, but even when i switched the settings, nothing happend. furthermore, widows ins't starting at all, and my computer simply hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom