At what Temp should a AMD XP2800+ run at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
i just got a new AMD XP 2800+ and i just wanted to know what temp it should be at normally?

oh ok cuz am around 37-41 most of the time, got my self a 40CFM fan on the heat sink

Yeah, anything under 40 is fantastic. If you can keep it in the 40's under load and in the 30's idle, then that is ideal.

ok, so i gotta question. i'm not over clocking and i don't even have an OS installed yet. my temp is 56C w/o putting the cpu to any hard work. why is it so high compared to these posts? i'd imagine it's gonna soar once i start using programs and such.
thanx

yeah, i think it's installed properly. it's running and all. aside from that, how else can one tell if it's not running properly- the heatsink/fan. the fan is the one that came w/ the retail cpu so i'm not sure if those are sufficient or not. i did put thermal paste compound too. did i not put enough or something cuz it was my first time and maybe i screwed that up-dunno.

i dunno about celcius.. i have the same processor as you but mine used to run at 140F degrees... after i bought my old case its like 115-130 now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom