Advice on upgrading my current rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcAddict

Beta member
Hello,
I thought that I might be able to stay with my current rig for a little longer but knew this time would come. I have a Compaq Presario with an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ that runs at 2.13 GHz(Socket A (462)). My core speed runs around 2240 MHz. Thats with about 4 programs running. I have 1GB of DDR PC2100(133MHz)RAM. I am running XP Pro with service pack 2. I am working hard on becoming a level designer. I run 3ds Max, Maya, Vue, and a lot of heavy programs. I currently got the Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset and it crashes my computer when I put more than three objects in my scene. I am a college student so I really don't have a lot of money to spend and like everyone else wants the best equipment for the lowest price. I figured you guys would be the best people to help me out. Let me know if anymore info is needed. Thanks in advance! - ;)

PS - I forgot to mention that NWN2 Toolset requires @ least a 3GHz processor to run smoothly.

it probably means a 3ghz pentium or equivalent, yes?

is there anyway you can tell us what motherboard is in your computer? or what model compaq presario you have?

it's hard to know what upgrades it will take otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom