Whats your dream machine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'l wait for Quad Conroe/Kensington Boards to come out, Quad Kengsingtons, 16 cores, 16 GB of ram, 5 SCSI HD's, 1K Psu, 2 R600's In crossfire. Watercooling. Oh boy.

:classic:

i may be wrong but as far as i know you really would be dreaming if you want a MP system with Conroe/Kensington Processors. Intel will not include MP support on their desktop processors. the MP machine you may remember Tyan advertising as having Conroe processors used clustering. the only way to use multiple processors from Intel will be to use Xeons.

Dream Machine you say?

AMD Opteron
4GB of RAM
1TB of HD space
7900GT
Apple 24" LCD Monitor

Pricey, but it's my dream machine!

let's see.. an AMD 4X4 system, with four of AMD's top quad core processors once they come out..

I'd say 4GB RAM (1GB stick per quad core chip.. or 2 x 512's per chip if they support dual channel individually) - I'm not going to use more than that now... and more would slow it down probabbly

and also, 2 x X2800 XTX's in crossfire when they come out

oh, and a fibre optic internet connection

you know, I'd most likely end up running about 12 instances of folding@home on it at once, and leave 4 of the cores for other stuff... I'd still have extreme multitasking WHILE being an insane folding@home contributor

what is this kensington.. i thought it was kentsfield.... well anyway.. my dream machine would be

4 kentsfields
32 Gigs of ram
4 15,000 SCSI Hard drives
2 R600's In Crossfire
2 1KW PSU's (you never know how much power you'll need!)
Dell 30 Inch Monitor
2 Blue Ray Drive
2 DVD Drives
Phase Change Cooling for all 4 cpu's!
That X-fi With 64 MB Ram (hahaha.. why?)

i pretty much just named lord anthrax's list lol..

well since its a dream...

how about... 4 cell processors!!! instead! haha

sorry i'm not sure where this stuff about Kensington came from as i can't seem to find any substantial information about it, i have no idea what i was on about :p

been through a lot of Intel press releases just a moment ago to try and catch up

Clovertown=2 way Xeon quad core
Tigerton=MP Xeon quad core

those are the Core 2 Quad processors that will be required for multi-processor systems.

Kentsfield is a desktop one-way processor and will not be able to be used in multi-processor systems. i repeat will not be able to be used in multi-processor systems. that is why you've never seen a dual P4 system, they can't be made.

oh, and a fibre optic internet connection

with Telstra? you are dreaming :D. it'll be a long time before we get that in Perth, our network is so dated.

My machine right now with a 7800GT and 4GB memory would be my dream machine!

AMD Athlon 3500 2.2Ghz
512MB RAM
160GB SATA HD
Geforce 6100 256MB

haha, i need my dream machine badly...im runnin on a p2 333mhz, 128mb ram, 120gb hdd, 4x cdrw, 16x dvd, floppy, geforce mx4000/3dfx voodoo 2000, and 2 17in crt's...talkin oldschool, ill just put some links to my dream setup: case, power supply, Mobo, Processor, 7950gx2 in sli, 4gb of corsair xms2, 4 of these for 2tb of storage(each tb in raid), dvd burner, sound card, 2 of these too(monitors), and cant forget the cpu cooler and since my mouse is a poc, and i use my pc next to my bed, so this will come in handy keyboard

havent spent the time to add it up, but i imagine it costs lots

EDIT: it costs 4,454.99

bmxfreakrider said:
haha, i need my dream machine badly...im runnin on a p2 333mhz, 128mb ram, 120gb hdd, 4x cdrw, 16x dvd, floppy, geforce mx4000/3dfx voodoo 2000, and 2 17in crt's...talkin oldschool, ill just put some links to my dream setup: case, power supply, Mobo, Processor, 7950gx2 in sli, 4gb of corsair xms2, 4 of these for 2tb of storage(each tb in raid), dvd burner, sound card, 2 of these too(monitors), and cant forget the cpu cooler and since my mouse is a poc, and i use my pc next to my bed, so this will come in handy keyboard

havent spent the time to add it up, but i imagine it costs lots
I beat you, I've got a Macintosh classic with 128kb memory, and a 7.86MHZ CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom