Help with video card (Buying, need quick help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there isn't such a game yet...but they used to be 32, then 64 and now 128...soon there will be 256, so my question is, if the GeForce 128MB is better then the ATI 9600 256MB, would it still work on games that require 256MB as minimum, and what is the GDDR3...And thanks for all your help so far Ksingler, I appreciate it.

I also want to know the following are, and if they are important:

- AGP
- Pixel Shader

had to go get a refreshment :D

1. I would believe so

2.gddr3 stands for- graphics double data rate- (got this off a review on a site) GDDR-3 graphics memory is the next evolution of high-speed DDR SDRAM technologies that have played a major role in enabling GPUs to drive complex geometries and character animations and deliver visual effects on par with the hottest motion pictures. GDDR-3 graphics memory enables higher memory clock frequencies at a lower power level with fewer components and less constraints on system designers. These technology advances enable NVIDIA partners to bring higher performance solutions to consumers at better prices.

3. AGP is another interface of a video card, there is 3 interfaces that are actually talked about on here... PCI(lowest end) AGP(still being using, but considered old news) and theres PCI-Express x16(cool kids on the block now)

Depending on your motherboard, you'll have a PCI, AGP, or PCI-Ex16 slot for the video card. example, if you have a motherboard with only a AGP slot, you can only use a AGP interface type card on the motherboard, there is still good AGP cards out today, but most would recommend to make the move to pci-e, but AGP is still surviving.

4. Pixel Shader- http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_pixelshader.html read that

I have a HP Compaq Presario Desktop with Intel® Celeron® Processor 2.7GHz - S5200NX

RAM: 512 MB
Video Card: Intel® 82845G Graphics controller

That's my computer...what type of cards would work on mine, all 3 or just 1 or 2 of them..please tell me, if all 3 work I'll probably go for the new type (PCI-E).

Just off the top of my head, considering its a Hp compaq, im going to say you have only a PCI slot, i'll check HP's site though, i'll edit this when i find out

edit: Yeah, you have 3 PCI slots, no AGP and no PCI-E slots. A PCI video card is the only kind you could get.

Ok thanks, I'll ask one last question...

The BFG GeForce OC 128MB AGP Video Card (6600GT) shows
393 Million Vertices/Second Setup as shader...

The All-In-Wonder 2006 Edition 256MB AGP Graphics Card shows
1.3GPixels/Second as shader...

How do you convert pixels, verticles...which of those two is higher?

I would say that 393 million vertices > 1.3Gpixels, not sure on that though. I base that opinion on the fact that the 6600GT is a newer card and better specifications, newer technology etc, so I would think it would have better /second setup as shader

Okie, thanks..if anyone else has details such as 1MB=1000KB or something similar, I'd appreciate...Since I want to know for the future, in case I'll need to know this again.

I think is better to but a AGP card than a PCI card...AND for ur information, AGP card is run AT 4x and 8X witband while PIC runs at 16X witband...But AGP is much more better than PCI card even it run slower witband but it all depand on ur pc some pc onil can take up to a amount of witband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom