Help with video card (Buying, need quick help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl4cKDoT

Solid State Member
First of all, I want to know what is AGP texture acceleration, and do all video cards give this option?

Also, why are sometimes 128 MB cards more expensive then 256 MB cards, I can't figure out which is better, and why... The 128 MB is more expensive, but would it work on games that ask at least 256 MB?

Example:

BFG GeForce OC 128MB AGP Video Card (6600GT) is 179$
All-In-Wonder 2006 Edition 256MB AGP Graphics Card is 149$
Both of them are in Canadian dollar and in the same shop...

So, could someone please explain me how I can figure out which is better? I want to buy something that will be good for a while, but not too expensive...I'm looking around 120-180$, it can be more if it worths it, like 250, but truly worthing it.

Well, BFG is a well known manufacturer(sp?), not too sure why to be honest.

If by 120-180$ you mean canadian dollars(did that even make sense?) pretty sure you can pick up a 7600GT for around $150 US which comes out to around $180 canadian(right? lol) The 7600GT is a great card for the price, i have the GS that I picked up for 100$ US and its good low budget card. I forget the good canadian sites that i see on tech forums.. i wanna say futureshop.. but im not too sure on that, wait for someone else to reply to give you a good canadian shop.

The site of the shop is: www.futureshop.com, but there must be a reason why the 128MB is more expensive then the 256...please someone who can answer all of my questions, if you read this post take the time to reply...really appreciate it.

Well what kind of card is the all in one 2006 edition.. you forgot to state that.. and if its a 6600GT, then it must be because of the manufacturer.. well known, trusted manufacturer, ect

www.ncix.com is good according to other past threads ive been checking

The 6600GT has higher core clock, memory clock, double the pixel pipelines, GDDR3 memory to the DDR of the 9600(not sure exactly what thats for, but its a huge difference i know that lol).

The higher the memory & core clock & pixelpipelines the better

6600GT
pixelpipelines - 8
core clock-500mhz
mem clock-900mhz

pixelpipelines- 4
core clock- 400
mem clock- not sure(newegg doesnt show the mem clock, but lower than the 6600GT

But if the game has a minimum of 256 Video card, would the 128MB GeForce work? Since the ATI says 256 so it works for sure...

And what is GDDR3, does it mean it's 3x128MB= 384MB?

Haven't heard of a game that requires a 256MB minimum.. I would say yes, that 6600GT would work just fine, as to your GDDR3 question, no it doesn't mean that(dont think so..), you'll have to wait for someone knowledgeable to tell you exactly what it means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom