C Drive Memory Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascendancy

Baseband Member
Hey guys, my C drive only has about 5.5 GB free and about 138GB being used. I think this is a little ridiculous. Is there any way to clear up some space? I already did a disk clean-up, uninstalled some programs I don't use, and cleaned my Temp. Internet cache.

Also, I have a lot of videos (Probably about 150-200 files or so), and they are large in size. Is there any way that I could still have them easily accesible without taking up so much space on my C Drive?

Compress your videos using winrar/ 7zip ect.
Use a smaller OS.
Burn some videos to disks.
Buy a new larger hard drive.
Use CCleaner.
Buy online storage/use Gmail.
Uninstall non used programs.

Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Use a smaller OS.
Use CCleaner.

You're going to have to make a 7-step hard drive compression manual, like Warez Monster's spyware guide :D

yes:

Ignore what everyone else said... cause it wont help.

Nitestick's thoughts: translation; listen to me because my solution is the only possible solution

then buy this:
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4596287

and from then on... use that HDD for your Videos instead. So your OS Harddrive remains free and clean and fully operational.

(thats what i do, i have multiple HDDs, use different ones for storing large crap, and everything remains "non-fragmented", "easily-accessible", and operating correctly.)

Ignore what everyone else said... cause it wont help.

Nitestick's thoughts: translation; listen to me because my solution is the only possible solution

ja mein Führer!!!

please try to be a little more tactful in future. next time you correct someone so harshly you may wish to at least READ THE POSTS YOU ARE COMMENTING ON like for instance this one:
Jam3s-Zer0 said:
Use a smaller OS.
Use CCleaner.

sounds mighty similar to:

jolancer said:

it's purely for your own reputations sake seeing as if you keep doing that people are more likely to ignore you

personally though i would rather not use it in your situation it may be useful to turn on the windows compression feature for your videos folder (warning, may take a while as it will need to compress your whole videos folder when you change the setting). right click on the videos folder, click properties, advanced and then check the box for compress files to save disk space. apply the settings :D

if you use a little common sence you could desifer my post:

more specificly my comment was mainly refering to the software solutions

however....
--------------------
Vid files on his HDD, id assume hes refering to something common such as: Divx,Xvid, or h264, video Rips..... in witch case are already compressed(thats what codecs do). Try it: Try to winRAR a rip vid using High Compression and you will usually either: a) have little or no change, b) actually end up with a Larger file.

burning to Optical Disk is a no brainer... if he had those or wonted to do so, id assume he woulda done so already. (some people including myself dont like optical disks, and since he didnt already use them, id assume hes not to fond of that method either).

Online storage for Large files witch he wonts to remain accessible is impossible, becuase of how long it would take to transfer.

and he already said he uninstalled unused apps... however, any Cleaners or Win tweaks wont come close to any significant free space in comparision to what hes lookin for.

All I say is people offered alternative solutions there was no need to shoot them down. Better to have multiple options than only 1 especially if he has little money and cant buy a new hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom