89%

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEELERGLENN

In Runtime
i am trying to install my wireless network card software but it stops installing the cd at 89% it will not finish the install

have you tried downloading the latest drivers off the net? Just in case the disk is bad.

btw ben finally loooked good this sunday.

he sure did. die hard fan. if i give you the model can you find it this just will not finsh the install

belkin f5d7010 os is windows xp version 2002 service pack 1

Nukem said:
Try updating to SP2 with all the updates and try again.
no, there is no call for that.

i personally stick with SP1 as well, its less bloated and has less problems.
--------------------------

i never used a Wireless card, but i do have a standard 10/100 Ethernet card... and it didnt need any aftermarket drivers to be fully operationall.

not shur if its the same for Wireless cards... i also dont know whats specificly on that CD you have, does it acutally have drivers you need? or is it just Bundled Software?(extra garbage for network crap for noobs?).

go to ->/start/run, type "services.msc" hit Enter... scroll down to the bottom were it says (Wireless zero configuration).. is that on "Automatic" and is the status "Started"...... If not, that is one of your problems, that needs to be enabled for Wireless adapters.
(if its not enabled/ right click, set it to Auto/ and restart windows).
-----------------------------

if that service is started, and windows recognizes your Adapter, then go to /control pannel/network connection/

and there should be a "Wireless Local Area Connection" icon or whatever its called..... if that is there, then its already enabled, you can right click it to setup IP settings or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom