computer trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
My old Celeron computer (see red in signature), doesn't boot up. I changed the case not too long ago, and connected everything exactly how it was set up before from the store setup, and it doesn't boot up.

Let me explain: The power supply turns on, but the hard drive doesn't boot up, it doesn't show the BIOS or any video signal. What's wrong with this machine?

http://vid12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/hotmatt99/DSCI0302.flv

I didn't build the machine at all, the store did, so did I make a mistake?

I can probably take some pics/videos of the computer tomorrow.

All i did was change the case, but I'll get a spare video card and see if that works. I'll also check into another cheaper, working power supply.

changing cases can be troublesome, make sure you have connected everything and like nitestick said check the 4 pin connector to the mobo along with the main one. Also make sure the power switch connection is on the correct pins and in the right position.

I could use the computer for parts, or sell the parts.

BTW: This new computer has an 8X DVD+R DL, 40X CD-R/RW Burner. It only burns to DVD+R/RW.

Would my old DVD-RW that plays and burns everything except for DL work better? It's the same speed, not dual-layer, and it's white, not black.

Actually, is it possible to have two drives installed? There is a big metal plate where the drive is supposed to go in.

if the plastic bit on the front of your case looks like it can have more than 1 drive poking out then yes add it, just remove the metal plate.

if you still have lots of problems with your pc take everything out except the mobo, CPU,PSU and ram and work your way from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom