Lg dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
I installed the new drive now everytime i go to play music this message pops up "Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly." Also i installed a few games and no sound from them either. I made sure my sound device was enable which it is. This is bothering the **** outta me can someone help me ASAP! Thanks

I dont have any yellow question marks. It was working fine until i installed this dvd burner and took my old cd drive out. I even hooked up the old one again and i still got the message about my sound device. Im thinking im just going to have to wipe the whole thing clean and start over again. I would hate to do this cause i have alot of stuff installed and downloaded on my computer. Also when i clicked on Sounds and audio devices and then click speaker setting then click advanced this comes up "DirectSound settings not available". By the way im using Realtek AC97 Audio and yes its enable i made sure it was.

go to add/remove get rid of the audio driver and install again from the website and see if that works before u wipe everything (worth a try)

also u might of done something wrong with the audio out cable that connects from the drive to the mobo . try getting rid of it or check if u dont have it on backwards

if those options dont work go to the audio properties and rollback the driver and see wat happens

Alrite on the c-media driver which one do i download can you send me the link. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom