Remote Desktop Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I want to start using RDP, but when I go to the Remote tab of system properties I don't have the option of enabling remote desktop. The check box is grayed out. I've been known to disable stuff that I think I'll never use. :) Chances are I disabled a system service or something that Windows needs for Remote Desktop. I looked through the Services and started all the ones that seemed to be related to RDP, but to no avail it still doesn't work. Anybody got any ideas??:mad: And yes I do have a password configured and I am logged in under an Administrative account.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
You should just use VNC, preferably TightVNC. If you're on XP Home, you don't have the server edition of RDC.

I changed the registry value and now it seems that it will work. I've configured my router for port forwarding already. I'll see if it works tomorrow. It's time for bed now.:p

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 23
There are several settings on both PCs you need to configure, can be a pain in the ***. If you have further problems we can run through potential solutions... Services, GPOs, permissions.

I hacked the registry key to enable RDP, configured port forwarding on my router and everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the help guys.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom