Please check this build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyx

Beta member
first of all, hi to all here in tech-forums...Im planning to buy my self a gaming rig this month and formulated with these parts. I want your feedbacks or comments please

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ AM2
Motherboard: MSI K9N Neo-F nForce 550
RAM: 1GB Geil DDR-800 Dual-Channel
GFX: Gainward 7600GT Bliss 256MB
HD: Seagate 160GB 7400rpm SATA
PSU: HEC WinPower HEC-550TW-ATF
Monitor: 17" Viewsonic VP720B 4ms
Optical Drives: Sony DVD-ROM 16X/48X
Lite-On 16X SHW-160P6
Casing: Thermaltake Shark Silver
Mouse: Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse
Keyboard: Genius K627
Speakers: Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900
UPS: APC 650VA Back-UPS

The mandatory "you should get Conroe" :p

I'm not keen on the PSU

When you can afford it, you may want to add another gib of RAM.

Yeah I was looking at E6600 but sadly, it is not yet available here...I saw one but is very overpriced. Motherboards that support C2D are not good in my sight as of now..

What's wrong with going on AM2 setup? Yeah Core 2 Duos are fast as of now..What about the upcoming K8L?
Intel once have lead...When AMD entered, they loose a large market share from their Pentium 4. Now they return to take over the market with Conroes..What if AMD make a new processor again and tends to be "better" than Intel, I shall make a LARGE shift when that happens..I dont want that..

Im not being a fanboy here. I just want to know the reasons for everybody telling me to buy the Core 2 Duo instead.

Now back to the topic, I change my PSU now:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 3800+ AM2
Motherboard: MSI K9N Neo-F nForce 550
RAM: 2GB Geil DDR-800 Dual-Channel
HD: Seagate 160GB 7400rpm SATA
PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 550W
Lite-On 16X SHW-160P6

Its to get the best of whats around now and not what may happen in the future.

There is nothing wrong with that now. They don't make 7400rpm hdd though. ;)

tyx said:
What's wrong with going on AM2 setup? Yeah Core 2 Duos are fast as of now..What about the upcoming K8L?
Intel once have lead...When AMD entered, they loose a large market share from their Pentium 4. Now they return to take over the market with Conroes..What if AMD make a new processor again and tends to be "better" than Intel, I shall make a LARGE shift when that happens..I dont want that..
Welcome to the world of technology, it happens all the time. ;)

Ok...Upon researching the net, I found out in the reviews that Intel C2Ds are more on the lead on performance-per-watt.. So Im shifting my build to:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA965P-S3
RAM: 2GB Geil DDR-800 Dual-Channel
HD: Seagate 250GB 7400rpm SATA
PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 550W
Lite-On 16X SHW-160P6

Any comments? I chose a lower end card because of the upcoming of DX10 cards as they say...Is that worth waiting? Or better get myself a 7900GT or 7950GX?

Looks adequte to me, however if you want to overclock that sucker then make sure you have a good amount of Case fans, good airflow and you may want to look into an aftermarket heatsink/Fan for the CPU.

tyx said:

Any comments? I chose a lower end card because of the upcoming of DX10 cards as they say...Is that worth waiting? Or better get myself a 7900GT or 7950GX?

if you're gonna wait for dx10 and g80 then that card will suffice until then. it's not very long of a wait and if you're upgrading soon then why spend the extra cash on something you will replace in the very near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom