A couple of Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

schoning

Beta member
Hey guys, I've got a couple of queries.

First off I'm not sure if OCing my comp will be safe, so I'll give you guys the specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHZ
1 GB DDR2 RAM (1 X 1 GB stick)
320 GB Hard Drive (NCQ)
Pioneer DVD Burner 16X
nVidia GeForce 7600 GS Video Card (256 MB)
Foxconn Case
Gigabyte GA-945PL-S3 Motherboard
Intel 945PL Express Chipset

sf2.jpg

I only the pc about 2 weeks ago, and I want to know the following:

Would it be worth OCing it?
Would it be Safe to OC it?
Will I need to upgrade Fans or the Heatsink?
What will be a safe speed to OC it to? ( In x.xx GHZ)

Cheers,
Mitch

Thanks, as you can probably tell, I'm not all that great with computers, not really a wizard, but I know the basics.. Any ideas on what speed I can attain?

Did you build this PC yourself? Is there only a stock heatsink/fan on the CPU?

I was looking at your case and it doesn't seem all that great for airflow. Is there only a 80MM intake on the side and a 120 outtake in the back? Or am I looking at the wrong case here, there seems to be a couple 'foxconn' cases.

No, I didn't build this comp myself, I bought it. It has a stock heatsink and fans as far as I know. The Case itself is a Foxconn TSAA861 with a 80 intake on the side and 120 outtake in the back as far as I know, however I may be wrong. Check out the pic I uploaded about my comps temps, that may make it clearer... Sorry about any confusion created..

Speedfan is giving you the wrong temps.. try using pc wizard or another app.

to OC your cpu just increase the fsb by 5 or 10 mhz until its unstable when you run prime95.

to oc your gpu download coolbits or ati tool (the newest beta) and again increase by 5-10 mhz until unstable when you test it on load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom