not booting up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
hey I'm building my friends computer right now I have everything in place at least I think there all brand new parts 7900 GS, 600 watt Psu, etc the mobo green light is on but i click pwr button i dont get any response no fan spinning, nothing. trying to figure out what the problem is and all the jumper cables are fine and set. thank you John

Umm something is maybe DOA, sounds like CPU or mobo.If everything is hooked up than thats ur problem.Ive haved DOA cpus and the fans still spun and system got power.Wait it may even be PSU I would use another PSu and hook it up to that computer and see it thats the problem than if that doesnt work, just RMA mobo.and test cpu in another computer or just RMA it (which is best to do).

I had the same problem a few days ago. Everything was in the right place but I (foolishly) put the power button jumper cables in upside down (with the text --i.e "LED POWER"-- facing towards the top of the case instead of downwards). Correct order, wrong orientation.

talldude123 said:
Can you take a picture of what's currently hooked up and everything, so we can get a better look?

eh no cam. I will try swapping PSU's tomorow with my comp and i have messed around with the led Pwr cables

First, try taking everything out except the cpu, fans, and ram. If the green light is on and nothing goes, It's either a bad PSU, or you didn't connect the power switch cable properly on the mobo. Honestly, quadruple check that cable, I think most mobo's have the pwr switch go on pins 2 and 4? I've accidently put it in the wrong spot many times and run into this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom