Office Computer for my folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjlambert

Baseband Member
Hey all,

Haven't posted here in a while but found when I built my computer that this was place to come. :)

So, I'm trying to help my folks get a new computer for home. Primary uses will be e-mail, surfing, probably Photoshop, word processing, and I think I can get my dad onto a flight simulator, so no totally lousy graphics. But they definately don't need a powerhouse computer. Here's what I've got:

Antec NSK4400 case with 380W power
Asus AM2 M2N-E NF570 mobo
Athlon 64 3200+ (2G)
eVGA 7300GS 550 mHz vid card (256mb)
1G Kingston value ram PC2-3200, 240 pin
Seagate Barracuda 250G HD at 7200rpm with 8MB cache
And I'll get a DVD burner and ROM - probably LG or something.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance!

K

are you firm on buildin them the computer yourself? because if not I'm sure a computer with a good service plan would be better (then you don't need to always fix every last thing on it).

If not, then w/ or w/o an X2 processor, it looks like a pretty decent mid-range computer, have fun buildin it!

The place I like to buy from will assemble for free and comes with a 1 year warranty so that's ok. I'd like to do it myself, but really, it's just easier for them to do it. As for the X2, I don't think they'd make use of it (though I'd like one :) )

Thanks!

nah stick with amd and if your getting a dual core go with AMD.That is a good enough setup, i dont think they need X2.maybe a 3800 would be good plus for the price and what there doing i dont think a X2 is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom