Build Help, If Ya Don't Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

INNOVATOR

Baseband Member
Hello everyone :)

I am hoping some of you can critique a build I am planning, mainly for high-end gaming, apps, and possibly home theatre. The build is pretty common from what I've seen on the boards.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Mobo: Originally thinking ASUS P5B Deluxe (with or without Wifi?) or ASUS P5W64 WS Professional? Not sure really...

GPU: Evga Nvidia 7900GTO (they have an upgrade program, no?)

SC: Any opinions on a sound card? I take it new goodies will be coming out in the next couple of months?

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA 3.0 Hard Drive (I believe I also have a 160GB Seagate Barracuda somewhere as a secondary) I have read many opinions on 1 main HDD and 2 others set in RAID...kinda confused/undecided as to what to do.

PSU: OCZ GameXStream 700W or Antec True Power Trio 650W?

Mem: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB)

Case: APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-CRUISER or COOLER MASTER Centurion 5

DVDBurner x2: BenQ 1655 Lightscribe seem to be hard to find these days, any others recommended?

I've read alot of posters do not care for purchasing coolers, but is this just due to cost? Would it be much easier, longterm, to purchase a cooler than load up with fans? I mention this because at newegg the e6600 can be combo'd w/VIGOR GAMING Monsoon II and thought I'd pick your brains :)

Thank you for any replies and if there's anything I forgot please feel free to input :D

Get a different hard drive and dont forget in order to use light scribe you also need to buy special light scribe cds which are expensive. I personally do not think light scribe is worth the money.

HD updated earlier to sata 3.0, better? :) Yes, I did plan on cooling the hd's, but I just wanted to list the main ingredients to the build, not that I am ungreatful for the recommendation :D Speaking of HD, I see some people recommending 2 smaller HD's in RAID and a lrg. HD for majority of your files and others recommend just 2 lrg. HD's...anyone able to put an end to this stalemate?

any opinions on the mobos: ASUS P5B Deluxe (with or without Wifi?) or ASUS P5W64 WS Professional? what are the real differences?

Thank you to everyone who has/does reply :)

The P5B deluxe is more consumer oriented. The P5W64 is for a work station.

The Wi-Fi version comes with a wireless module. So if you ever need wireless internet, it may come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom