Do you reply before you try their advice?

Has vista-activation been cracked or not ?

• Cracked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never can be

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like to reply to the advice given just to let them know whether or not it's worked.

I had too many problems with my old Celeron. I still have nightmares about it.

First; it baked my house. It would get about 55 degrees on average, with two case fans, a PSU fan, and a processor fan.

Second; I didn't complain about it that much, but it was slow.

Third; It had zero hard drive space. I realize that 40GB is too little.

Though this new pre-built should do the trick. I like that it's so quiet, my old one was a beast!

Trotter said:
Sometimes.

When I do ask for help, I usually acknowledge the advice given first, then I come back and let it be known how it turned out.
Same here. I hardly ever ask for help anymore now, if I can't get it myself Google can generally help me with my computer problems.
What I do ask for is people's opinions on a piece of hardware/software or an online resource for something,

Always depends. Sometimes I will have already tried it and forgotten to mention it in the original post. Sometimes advice given could be impractical or impossible to try, sometimes advice may need clarification/explanation, sometimes advice given is derived from a misunderstanding of the question.

When the advice isn't on troubleshooting, it often isn't appropriate to just try it out. If I asked what product to buy for a given purpose, and someone suggests x product, I wouldn't simply go out and buy that product before perhaps asking some more specific questions, or asking how it compares to y product suggested by another user.

(this applies to any forum I go to)

If i know for a fact the advice won't help, then i'll reply without trying.

If I haven't tried or thought of it already, then I will try and post back immediately with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom