Bad FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhode2nowere

Baseband Member
I cannot play CoD 1 online because the frames per second are aboslutely horrible. i feel like i am getting 2 or 3 every second, which is just bad. I have a eVGA Nvidia 6600GT videocard with high-speed broadband cable, 2GB of RAM.

I had problems with my power supply before, my videocard needed at least 350W, and my power supply was only a 300W, and i ran that for about half a year, then took it in, they replaced the power supply and motherboard, but not the videocard. I just ran a stability test for my videocard, and it came out at 824 FPS, when it should be 860 (i was running Opera and AIM too). Do you think its my videocard that is doing this. I also tried Halo and it also has bad FPS. but the menus and desktop is fine. My motherboard was changed from an MSI to an ASUS, and i dont know if that would affect my gameplay either.

anyone know why its doing that? anyone know any diagnostics or any program that will check and see if my hardware is damaged? thanks for the help.

I think i will just take it in, it still has a waranty on it, so if they see anything wrong with it, and they can't replace it for free, I'll just get a new card and motherboard... i want to get a 7950. wouldnt that be great. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom