Removable Storage 3.5 in. 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Graphics Card 256MB DDR ATI Radeon(TM) 9800 w/ TV-out & DVI Cap
Sound Card Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS card w/Front Audio ports
Monitors Compaq FP17 17" LCD flat panel display
Speakers Altec-Lansing VS2121 2.1 Speakers
Keyboard and Mouse Compaq Wireless Keyboard and Optical Scroll Mouse
Productivity Software. Microsoft(R) Works 7.0/Money 2004/MSN Encarta Plus
Networking 802.11g Wireless PCI Card + 6dBi high-gain antenna

ok well im gettin all this for around 1500$ bucks from compaq, now i know that i should build my own but im just too stupid to be playing with a thousand bucks so givme feed back thanks

The speakers are kind of lacking given the Audigy 2 ZS, and you might want to check out the prices on a 1gB of ram depending on what you will be doing you might be happier with some more ram. The processor is great and is about 400 dollars on its own, so the overall price of the machine is good and other than the speakers and maybe more ram i would say yay.

for what im goin to do i dont need the gig of ram at the moment, but maybe in the future ill get some more now as for the speakers tell me if these would be good
Altec-Lansing 251 5.1 Speakers

With such a nice system I wouldnt be using windows xp, as a matter of fact is greatly dislike xp. I would be using windows 2000 on that machine. In my experience windows 2000 is just more stable and has better performance, as it should, after all its a much more mature operating system.

Yay, looks as if you're getting a good deal with the processor and the video card. If it was me I'd buy a Linux OS and dual boot because WindowsXP isn't deserving of the Athlon 64 3400+. Keep Windows only to run games and other non Linux software like Ms Office, Photoshop,etc.

Great system, only thing that lacks about it is that 1 stick of 512mb, but there isn't anything you can do about that, because of the lack of dual channel:confused:

Very nice though;)

For only $1,500 I would consider that a good deal!

3 things stand out

#1 - the 17" Flat panel monitor. (Not necessarily a fan of Compaq monitors - but hey if it's bundled as one package, not much you can do - ask if you can swap it out for a Sony/ Viewsonic/ Samsung brand)

#2 - the 9800 ATI video card - very nice
#3 - wireless 802.11g NIC - the fastest speed available- also very nice.

I think for the majority of home users 512 MB of RAM is sufficient as long as you don't have several applications running at once constantly. When i'm playing video games, i close out of all applications i'm running like word/excel/ etc. before i play.

You can add another stick of memory after you get it if you really want to splurge.

I don't want to burst your bubble but I thought I should forwarn you that LCD's that come in systems this cheap (including the LCD) have ghosting problems when playing games ... also is that a 9800 or a 9800 pro, or possibly a 9800xt and for that price I think you should be getting a DVD burner. I suggest building, however, anyone who knows how to would suggest that as well
BUILD > OEM :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom