Windows XP Fails to Load

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaStAViC

Beta member
Hi, Everyone,
How are you? I have been running Windows XP, Service Pack 2 on my computer for several years now. Last night, my computer froze for the first time in over half a year, so I restarted it and nothing seemed to be wrong. After about 15 minutes of using it, it froze once again. After restarting it the second time, however, it showed me the screen that says I could choose to restart in the "Last Known Good Configuration," in "Safe Mode, or to "Start Windows Normally."

If I chose the non-Safe Mode options, it would start to load Windows (with the Windows XP screen and the blue bar running under it), and then restart itself when the blue bar runs for the third time. For the Safe Mode options, it would load partway and then restart again.

Can I do something to fix this? Is this a hard drive problem? I tried unplugging everything except for my monitor and hard drive, but the problem was still there. Please help! I am using a library computer to type this and will wait until I can find a resolution, then go home and try it.

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom