a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ph3nyX

Solid State Member
alright, i've got a few different questions...
1. i'm planning on upgrading my motherboard this summer, any recommendations in the $125 and lower price range? (i'll be putting my p4 2.53gHz processor in it, as well as one 512MB stick of pc2700 ram)
2. if i buy another 512 stick of ram can i get something faster (pc 3200/3500 etc) and use it with my old stick or do they both have to be the same speed?
3. i'm looking at a firewire/usb hard drive to keep music on... currently i have 2 choices:
faster but smaller
bigger and slower
i'm thinking about the bigger one since i'll just have mp3's on it and speed wont be critical (after the initial transfer)...

any suggestions?

1. This one, or if price is a consideration, this one.

2. You can buy as high as your mobo supports (both those take up to PC3200).

3. I can't suggest either since I have never heard of either of those brands. Try this one. But keep in mind, those are for STORAGE only. Dont bother trying to use an extrenal as an OS hard drive.

Good luck!

On the second question...

If you plan on using say PC3200 with that same PC2700, then be sure to note that that stick of PC3200 will only run as fast as the PC2700:confused: You would be better off finding another stick of the RAM you currently have:confused:

Also rembert to look at the FSB on the MOBO to make sure that you can run 3200 or 3500.

Or possibly upgrade in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom