I am in need of a car

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a Cavalier?

They're not chick magnets, but the 4-bangers get great mileage, they're affordable, and depending on the year, they're pretty reliable.

If you have money, get a Z24. They're nice, I want one.

cav1.jpg

Trotter: Those are nice, but the first car needs more rubber on the tires. The rims are way too big.

talldude123: All that added on, useless fiberglass looks a lot like this pic:

C-9685.jpg

FireFox said:

C-9685.jpg

Can't see the pic :confused:

I was just suggesting a good domestic. I don't like imports at all. They do get better gas milage because they're so lightweight. But the price tag is crazzy.

just get the civic. they keep their resale value real well and theyre super reliable. just change the oil brakes and belts. i dunno if its a timing chain or timing belt.

The Maverick was my first car. it wasn't a Grabber like those, but a 73 Maverick with a 250 straight-six.

Of course they're rare. They quit making them in 76.

I always thought they looked beefier than the 'Stang in those years.

Early 90s Nissan Sentra
I had a 92 Nissan Sentra Classic (which was made in Mexico and used the previous generation parts) for a while. Although it got rusty after a while, it was a great, reliable car. However, I would not recommend getting the "Classic" as parts were rare, therefore expensive (due to being made in Mexico). However, the regular early-90s Sentras would be a pretty good choice.

Not terribly fast, but stil able to do highway passes and get around town nicely. Also, I found that mine was good on gas (as one would expect from a I-4 import).

Early 90's Honda Civic
I can vouche for Civics as well, but you may find them a bit more expensive than Sentras of the same years and trim levels. I own a '98 Civic Si, and am rather fond of it. Again, good on gas, reliable, blah blah blah.

A word of caution, however, about Civics or comparable imports: Avoid ones that have the bee-in-the-can "performance muffler" or bodykits, and all that other stuff. By now you have likely noticed how a majority (not all, but a majority) of people that have these "performance parts" drive. They bag the crap out of their cars. This means less time before you have to do major work on your would-be car.

FireFox said:
Trotter: Those are nice, but the first car needs more rubber on the tires. The rims are way too big.

C-9685.jpg

that looks better... when u have nice rims and huge tires it looks really stupid, unless you are going 4x4ing in a car like that then it really doesnt matter.

I agree civics are a good first car, and for such a small car its not bad on comfort. Being 6'4" comfort is a major concern when I'm looking for a car. Its also a great daily driver, as you don't have to do much maintaince.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom