Windows Interface (taskbar, explorer.exe) doesnt show up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Okay on my old topics my problem was installing. I finally fixed that problem by restoring my computer to an older time. However as a consequence to that I am now no longer able to view the windows interface brought up by explorer.exe.

Sure I thought It was just a small problem, as I opened up Task Manager and went to Run > and typed in "explorer.exe".

What do you know? The taskbar below showed up then disappeared in less than second. I tried doing it again and the taskbar keeps on removing itself on the processes.

I tried everything, restarting, safe mode and it would still do the same thing.

I even scanned using ccleaner, registry mechanic and regcure and still no hope.

How many I solve this problem?

Honestly, if you are having a problem like this that stemmed from previous problems and a restore has already been done.....you need to format and reinstall. Since you have the machine up and running, just back up critical things and reinstall OS. I really dont think it would be worth your time fixing this. I think if you did get it corrected, the system would still not be running at 100%.

I see. I might as well do that. What should I look out for when reinstalling? I just pop in the disc and then what?

I remember before when I reformatted my computer, all the drivers were gone.

Yeah, everything you have now will be gone. If you have a dell, HP, or some other pre-built system, there should be a resotre disc that will reinstall the OS as well as the drivers. However, if you dont have that disc or you have custom built, you will need to install the OS and find the drivers for all of your hardware components (video, sound, network, motherboard). Windows will install default drivers for most of these things, but there may be some that you have to find. I would install drivers from the manf. website over the MS drivers when you get far enough to do so. The only other thing is any important files you have now will be lost unless you back them up.

I dont know the driver's website or the manufacture's website. Is there a way where I can use my current working computer right now and find out and maybe backup the drivers for later use?

All i kn ow is that my driver for my video card is ATI.

Do under the device manager and it will give you all devices by name. That way you can download the drivers that you need.

To get to device manager right click on My Computer>Properties. When that clicks on it is the 2nd Tab in there should be a link to check the device manager.

Makaveli213 said:
Do under the device manager and it will give you all devices by name. That way you can download the drivers that you need.

To get to device manager right click on My Computer>Properties. When that clicks on it is the 2nd Tab in there should be a link to check the device manager.

Correct, the only other thing you could is take a look in the case and each component will have manf. as well as model number. Good ole' google will do the rest (in most cases).

What device drivers should I keep tab on that wont be there when I install Windows XP PRo ?

I would say all. Make a list and make sure you have all the current drivers for each device. Even if XP does install them it is better to have the most current drivers rather than a older version installed by XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom