My Pictures, Thumbnail problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotto88

Solid State Member
Hi, i have a few (20) picture files in 'My Pictures' when i display them as Thumbnails view, the wrong picture is displayed in the Thumbnail. So you can look at the thumbnails and see a preview of what the image is, BUT when you click and open it, it is a different picture.
I hope i have explained this problem clearly. Just ask if you need to know more.
Cheers

Are you sure that is the picture you are clicking on? I know from experience that i have clicked 1 picture but another was active and it opened that 1 up.

This is only a theory....

I think that when you initially view the folder using a thumbnail view, it creates a "database" that links the thumbnails to the picture. It sounds as though this file got jacked. The file located in the same folder as the pictures and it is titled thumbs.db. Try deleting that, close the windows explorer and go back to the folder. Post if it works, as I am curious.

when you are in windows explorer, go to

EDIT: TOOLS-->folder options some where in there, there should be a check box that says show hidden files and show system files. Sorry, I am at work and that menu is disabled so I dont know exactly where, but look in there and check both of those boxes and look at that folder again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom