Vista is probably not the best choice for us....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually Vista is much better in RC2 stages. That is the main reason why i run it full time. I have had only 1 crash due to a error that i created.

XP is great and has wide spread application support which is why i dual boot. I can run all applications i want in XP. Vista still has some issues with some applicaitons.

If you think XP is good with their Security Center wait to you see the new updated version with VIsta.

Nah, I just said it's harmless. When SP2 came out, some people though that the Security Center would take over your computer and not let you work on it unless you had "microsoft-authorized" antivirus and firewall. However, it was all paranoia. It's harmless.

So what's new on Vista?

The Security Center tells if you have UAC on. Which AV, Firewall, spyware app you have and if it is running. I know XP does this also but it tells you if it needs to be updated. Plus you can turn it off so it doesnt warn you at all times.

There are many other things like Parentla controls that alloow you to block out time where the PC is available to be used by other profiles. So if you have kids you can lock them out of the PC except for certain times when you think they should be on to prevent them from going on when you dont want them.

There is also the BitLocker which encrypts your drive and prevents hackers from getting info if they were ever to get control of you PC. I know this feature is kinda useless if you take appropiate measures but it is still nice to know they tried to protect files.

The UAC is nice cause it doesnt allow for any changes that you dont approve. It gets annoying but it is very useful to stop drive by installs. Which XP isnt good at.

fine, looks like I'll have to have a copy of Vista on my main gaming rig, but i'll keep XP on everything else.

I'm very annoyed though, there is no need for vista other than to line M$ pockets and they are practically forcing us to upgrade.

How much does one version of OS X Cost? Wait you cant get it without a Apple PC. And then when a new version of OS X is released you have to spend $150 or so to get the newer version.

Now who has got it bad?

The thing is, Mac is completely integrated, you can't move it to another computer, as you stated. That's not bad, because you get a whole system for the "price of" the OS. With Vista, you pay the 200 for the OS then another 500 or better for the components.

Huh? Sorry Snake Eyes but you are a bit off. To get OS X you have to pay for everything. You cant build a system and buy it seperate. So it costs you more to get OS X. You have to pay upwards of $1,000 to get a Apple PC with OS X then more $$ everytime they upgrade to a new version of it.

As with Windows you pay for the system. Granted it can be more expesive than a Apple PC but over time you can swap out parts. Then when a new OS comes out just buy it and install it.

With XP being the only major OS for 5 years there was little $$ to be spent elsewhere but on upgrades. As where Apple PC' s you have had to buy new systems to upgrade along with the cost of the OS upgrade. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom