Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I was wondering if there is going to be a problem playing my favourite graphics intensive games on vista 64 bit (or will i have to revert to vista 32 bit) like BF42, earth 2160?

You might. you have to wait for the game developers to get the games updated to play on Vista correctly before you wont notice any lags or anything. I know for a fact that BF2 give issues.

Installed Vista on my main computer last night... have only looked at it for about 10 minutes, but I can honestly say that I like what I see so far...

I have been running Vista only on my Pc since 5744 was released. I have found working software for all my purposes. It will be a great OS once more software companies get their software to work with it.

@Juice Daddy-
Daemon Tools 4.0.5 works just fine on Vista 5744. I also have gotten Roxio 7 to work and ImgBurn to use for file burning.;)

Juice Daddy said:
awsome!

now if I could just find a download for 5744 :(

It would be nice to try Vista now that it's more stable.

But finding a download site would be hard. Plus I need another 512 RAM before trying Vista.

thanks for the reply Makavelli

are the only issues lags, what kind of issues did BF42 give?

could the games be updated with patch downloads from the net?

rookie1010 said:
thanks for the reply Makavelli

are the only issues lags, what kind of issues did BF42 give?

could the games be updated with patch downloads from the net?
The game lags just a bit in Vista. It can be fixedc by a patch but not right now. It is some coding issues between the game and Vista. Remember that Vista is totaly different code than XP. So the lagging issues are due to that fact. The game developers can fix it but they will wait till it is released before they code a patch that will allow for flawless gameplay.;)

Microsoft Corp. did an about-face yesterday, agreeing to make it easier for customers of its forthcoming Vista operating system to use outside security vendors, such as those who make popular antivirus and anti-spyware programs.

Until now, Microsoft had planned to block those companies from installing their products in the deepest levels of the new operating system, which is scheduled for release early next year.

The company said it was doing so to address the concerns of security and performance in Windows XP and apply them to Windows Vista.

Microsoft's shift means that users would continue to have a choice in the programs they use to protect their computers and not be tied to something that Microsoft offers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/13/AR2006101301280.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom