Hard Drive Failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koanaihe

Baseband Member
OK, so I formatted my hard drive almost 2 or 3 times in a row, and I still get mass errors from every single program I installed. Even from windows itself. I tried running error doctor, xoftspy, mcafee, webroot spy sweeper, etc. and other fixing utilities. Is it my hard failing on me or an embedded computer pest (trojan/virus) in my drive. Please help.

every HDD manufacturer has Free Boot disks and Aplications from there Website/support section.

witch will allow you to do an extensive HDD error check, and also check its S.M.A.R.T status. (all modern HDDs are equipd with SMART.. it reports the operational condiction of the HDD... and on all Modern Motherboards.. theres a SMART option in BIOS, were if enabled it will warn you of possible HDD Failure b4 it acutally accures, because it if enabled it would montior the HDD SMART statues.)

I tried running the smart test and the hard drive diagnostics and it all passes but I still get the errors? any more solutions?

Those applications you ran have nothing to do with repairing a hard drive. They are for Spyware/Virus's (Software).

Run a check disk on the drive.

System Ram is used in every part of the process... it could be your Ram giving the errors.

run memetest86...
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

downlaod the (pre-compiled package for floppy) exctact to floppy disk, and then boot from the floppy. it will auto run.

I'm not sure what brand hard drive I have but I got it from dell last year as part of my system. It's an 80 gig. Even when I try to format a floppy it won't work. Everytime I insert a floppy it says it needs to be formatted so I have no choice but to try. But it never completes, it always has an error. Now my computer is starting to pop up the blue screen of death. Please help me if you can.

I was able to and ran the memtest and found more than 1,750 errors on my memory. What software can I buy to fix them. Payware and/or freeeware software would be fine.

ram errors cannot be fixed my software, basicly i simple enlish, YOUR RAM IS f*CKED, ring dell, it mgiht still be under warrenty, your ram needs to be replaced,, 1 erors is bad with ram, 1750 means some1 probably stood on the ram, chucked it in a microwave then let a dog eat it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom