Choosing between this two sempies

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
Guys nid your response fast...Im going to buy a Sempron processor for my cousin today and confused which among these two cpus will be the better choice. This will be used from everyday workloads to gaming in low settings.

I read that there is a slight improvement in performance when there is a higher cache. And that also contributes with the operating frequency of the cpu itself right?

Now Im choosing bet. these two

AMD Sempron 2800+

Operating Frequency: 1.6Ghz
L1 Cache: 64kb+64KB
L2 Cache: 256Kb

AMD Sempron 3000+

Operating Frequency: 1.8Ghz
L1 Cache: 64KB+64Kb
L2 Cache: 128Kb

The 2800+ is operating at 1.6Ghz operating frequency but has 256kb l2 cache. The 3000+ on the other hand, runs at 1.8Ghz but has 128kb of l2 cache. Which among the two would be a better choice? Of course best answer will be the 3100+ of course since it runs at 1.8Ghz and has 256kb. But since im in a budget and there is only a slight difference of price on both cpus. Im confused whether i choose the higher operating frequency or the higher l2 cache..

Need your immediate response... Thanks!!!

I'd think the higher L2 cache would be the best way to go but I've not seen a good comparison between Semprons and XP's.

You pertaining to Athlon XPs? Cant find any seller of XPs here in our area anymore...

So higher cache is the way to go? Then I go to shop and buy that stuff

AMD Sempron 2800+

no, the 3000+ is labelled 3000+ for a reason. it performs better than a 2800+ hence the higher designation. if you are overclocking then the higher cache processor would be preferrable. in some instances the 2800+ may perform similarly or even slightly better than the 3000+ but in general the 3000+ will perform better.

Ah...thanks very much for the info nitestick...well i appreciate also the reply of jorsoft...So I go for Sempron 3000+...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom