*Case Mod* CD Player HTPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
image023uh6.jpg

image024xs5.jpg

and finally some CS 1.6 :D

image020vd1.jpg

pictures are kind of poor quality but i guess you can see that :confused: sorry but i had the shakes today and couldn't hold the camera still. it looks pretty messy.

I was thinking more along the lines of a stereo type CD player, not one like that.

That is a very clean mod! Good job! :D

i'm serious it runs perfectly fine :) the only cooling issue is the psu, power supplies do not like to be passively cooled. the other day i was running the processor at over 1GHz at stock volts....the cooling is fine :p.

tomorrow between studying for exams and lazing about on the computer i plan to:

grind and sand edges square and smoothe.
fix hdd light with a mod
finish rounding the fan hole
add front usb ports, probably below the cd drawer as it's the most accesible location (internally speaking anyway, the rest of the panel is near impossible for mounting them)
shorten ATX power cable
CLEAN EVERYTHING
cable management
finishing touches (cleaning scuff marks, scratches, painting etc)

then i think i'll be happy to put this mod to rest. no animals were hurt in the production of this pc. a few fingers cut to the bone by sharp edges but no animals.

i honestly could use some suggestions as to how to make the inside look more proffesional though. the best idea i have is to spray the power supply black, remove the cables i don't need from the psu, sleeve and hide as much as possible the cables i do need.

take some pics please if you do that.

I was actually thinking about putting a car cd player in my pc before i saw this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom