sound card rebooting my computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

large banana

Solid State Member
sound card: PSC724 phillips ultimate edge drivers: 1.54 (unsure if there are anymore but have tried some which were submited on the philips site on 07 august and they didn't work either.)

my sound drivers are soooooooooo silly, whenever i try to install them from either disk or download, it crashes my computer and makes my dvd drives fall under the dread error code 39.

how does such an odd thing happen? i have a very stupid friend who accidently clicked the uninstall button on my sound software, i told him this and he went at hyper speed to the task manager/ processes and ended the process half way through the uninstall.

give him a round of applause as now when i try to reinstall them..well the above happens.

i repair my computer by reinstalling windows (no not a fresh install just repair) and this can get rather annoying.

i am without sound, when my computer starts up from the crash i see the technical details of the crash and they give me these 2 files.

C:\DO***E~1\CHRIS~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfb0.dir0 0\Mini101406-02.dmp
C:\DO***E~1\CHRIS~1.HOM\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcfb0.dir0 0\sysdata.xml

so thats my story of the insane sound drivers which have worked for 2 years until yesterday.

anyhelp on resolving this monster?

and my specs...

AMD athlon 3200+
1gig ram 2 x 512mb (pc2700)
ASUS A7V600-X
XFX 6600gt 256MB AGP
460W power suplly
windows xp home

the drivers work for two years, and didn't brake yesterday. drivers are always ok as read only files. seems like hardware problem of the sound card. but before say this, try to plug it on another pci slot, and try to reinstall the drivers again.
also a complete reinstall of your operating system might help. maybe there is a conflict with other hardware or drivers. go step by step install - check - install - check (one installation at a time) to see when the problems start, so you can understand what is the fault.
if the above don't help, this is problematic sound card for sure. then try another cheap sound card just to see if works ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom