Backing Up Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman33

Solid State Member
Hey everyone I am planning to build my own computer and plan to keep my original hard drive from my older computer because I still have an extra 60GB in it that are free and I wanted to know if I should back that up to be on the safe side. Also, since the operating system on there is home edition and it was an E Machine computer I would imagine that the OS won't work on this new computer that I am building, correct? What type of program would be good to use or what kind of cds should I back it up to? Is there anything else that I am forgetting or any other tips or hints to offer? Thanks so much for the help.

No windows xp won't work with your new setup unless you plan on using the emachines motherboard. If you're using windows xp, then go to start/accesories/system tools/backup, it's great for backing up programs and important files.

If thats not enough, and you have a DVD burner handy, then just buy Norton Ghost http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16832108269

It's kind of costly, but it allows you to make a completely bootable DVD that can restore any setup to the Windows XP you save on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom